1) Inject your personality into your shop if you can. I am sure that it is my humor that is bringing customers in, not my mad crochet skillz (although they are pretty awesome).
2) Cruise the forums at night. You'll meet some of the funniest (and drunkest) folks. And even venture to Etc. occasionally as cool stuff is hidden down there sometimes.
3) Play the game or don't play the game. It's up to you. But acknowledge there is one. There will always be cronyism and underhanded dealings in every business. Your own shop on here is not immune. Do what you need to do, but just admit it. As my homey fivelittlegems once said 'take care of you and yours cause nobody else will.'
4) Have good enough photos. Seriously, my shop looks more like a copy of Mad Magazine than an Anthropologie catalog. And that's okay. I'm doing fine and I'm holding true to my style. You can too.
5) Sometimes the wolves are in sheep's clothing. Don't understand that? Sometimes the owls are dressed up like felted acorns. And one can claw your eyes out and the other is a squirrel's worst nightmare. So be. on. alert.
6) Our long lost comrade goat once said, 'Etsy is not your boyfriend.' I agree. Etsy is not any one person to love or be loyal too. It is a venue for your business. And remember, even your boyfriend can cheat on you and leave urine all over the toilet- or worse in the corner of the family room if he's really drunk. So keep all your options open.
7) Have fun. Life is too serious.
As the great philosopher Ferris Bueller once said, "A) You can never go too far. B) If I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like that."
Hello! My name is Jamie and I'm the girl behind this little blog. I'm also the owner of "She's Batty Designs" and "Batty's Bath". I'm a huge animal lover, I'm in love with a great guy (that's Drew in the picture!), and I'm a mommy to 3 dogs and a turtle. I'm also a huge Tim Burton fan, a photographer, a star gazer, a paper artist, a soap maker, and a university student studying psychology.
Like my blog? Why not digg it so other people can check it out too!
About She's Batty Designs She's Batty Designs (SBD) has eco-friendly, unique handmade greeting cards and adorable accessories that everyone will love! The SBD studio is located in London, Ontario, Canada and is an earthy friendly place. Photography services are also available for local clients.
About Batty's Bath Batty's Bath is a small soap and bath products company specializing in handmade cleansers, moisturizers, lip balms, scrubs and hair care products to make you feel totally pampered. Batty's Bath uses only the freshest, highest quality ingredients and makes all products in small batches to ensure the best quality possible. Batty's Bath also ensures that all products are cruelty-free and none have ever been tested on animals. Batty's Bath also has a blog.
Please note that NONE of my photographs, graphics, written text, design concepts or any other content at She's Batty Designs may be used without my expressed written permission! I take a lot of time to make sure all the content on at my ArtFire shop, blog, social media sites and social marketing sites are of the highest quality. This takes me a lot of time and effort so I do not allow the use of my content without my written permission! Please respect my efforts and copyright laws by NOT using my content as your own. Click here for more information about my policies.