knotworkshop
knotworkshop says:
1) Inject your personality into your shop if you can. I am sure that it is my humor that is bringing customers in, not my mad crochet skillz (although they are pretty awesome).

2) Cruise the forums at night. You'll meet some of the funniest (and drunkest) folks. And even venture to Etc. occasionally as cool stuff is hidden down there sometimes.

3) Play the game or don't play the game. It's up to you. But acknowledge there is one. There will always be cronyism and underhanded dealings in every business. Your own shop on here is not immune. Do what you need to do, but just admit it. As my homey fivelittlegems once said 'take care of you and yours cause nobody else will.'

4) Have good enough photos. Seriously, my shop looks more like a copy of Mad Magazine than an Anthropologie catalog. And that's okay. I'm doing fine and I'm holding true to my style. You can too.

5) Sometimes the wolves are in sheep's clothing. Don't understand that? Sometimes the owls are dressed up like felted acorns. And one can claw your eyes out and the other is a squirrel's worst nightmare. So be. on. alert.

6) Our long lost comrade goat once said, 'Etsy is not your boyfriend.' I agree. Etsy is not any one person to love or be loyal too. It is a venue for your business. And remember, even your boyfriend can cheat on you and leave urine all over the toilet- or worse in the corner of the family room if he's really drunk. So keep all your options open.

7) Have fun. Life is too serious.

As the great philosopher Ferris Bueller once said, "A) You can never go too far. B) If I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like that."

Rock on my fellow Etsians.
1 Response
  1. Great advice!! Especially the part about having a sense of humour...so important!
    Thanx gain for the great tips :)


.

Bookmark and Share



Advertise your Arts & Crafts on this site & others for FREE!!