Hey everyone.

Many of you know that I was a vegan for many years and I've been a vegetarian for even longer (I celebrated my 10th year of vegetarianism 2 years ago!). I'm still a vegetarian.. as I like to say a "strict vegetarian and a sloppy vegan"... because I do avoid dairy products when I can, but still not often enough to call my self a vegan. I often feel guilty about not being a vegan anymore. See the thing is I still believe that a vegan diet is one of the best things I can do for the environment, for the animals, and for my health, but like so many things, "life" seems to get in the way. It's hard when your beliefs and actions are conflicting. To get things to jive better.. for my own sanity as well as the reasons mentioned above, I'm going to start making a concentrated effort to out my "money where my mouth is" (so-to-speak) and get back to veganism. Like most things in my life, I started with an internet search :) You may find from time to time links and tidbits about the vegan lifestyle here at this blog. I'm also excited to pull out the HUGE box of vegan cookbooks that I have stored away! There's so many good recipes in them and so many that I have yet to try so getting back into the swing of things shouldn't be too hard! I don't love cooking, but I do love eating delicious food and there's never been a recipe that I didn't like from those faithful cookbooks!.. many of them from one of my heros, Sarah Kramer.

I know I don't post too many "talk" posts here but I just thought I'd let all of you know what's going on with me and where a slew of veg links and content might be coming from haha.

To start us off, here's some great meal plans I've found. I never follow a meal plan I do like to look at them to get ideas :)

Vegan Meal Plans

Developed by Dina Aronson, MS, RD at dina dot aronson at yahoo dot com.

These meal plans can only be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

1800 Calorie Meal Plan

2300 Calorie Meal Plan

Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. Meghann Says:

    Good idea! I prefer to have more vegetable protein than these include, but they do look yummy :)


.

Bookmark and Share



Advertise your Arts & Crafts on this site & others for FREE!!